New Notification Bar Feature!
We are excited to share the new notification bar feature!
What Is A Notification Bar?
On theimagefile, we have created two types of notification bar for you to choose from – an announcement bar and a cookie bar.
What Is The Difference Between An Announcement Bar And A Cookie Bar?
An Announcement Bar
An announcement bar is generally used to display currently important information to your visitors and is often updated fairly regularly.
For example, an announcement bar could be used to display information such as:
- Flash sales
- Christmas Announcements
- Holiday Breaks
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Holiday Opening Times
- Other Important Announcements (e.g. Covid-19 pandemic, GDPR and other government-related announcements).
A Cookie Bar
How Do I Use A Notification Bar?
The notification bar has been created with customisation in mind.
We understand that requirements change based on your business needs, the time of year, personal issues and even events outside of your control, for example, the current Covid-19 pandemic. For these reasons, we have made the notification bar incredibly easy to use and customise.
So what exactly can you do with the notification bar?
- Set the size and depth of the notification bar.
- Choose the font colour.
- Choose where the bar displays e.g. on all web pages or just one web page.
- Choose the position of the bar e.g. at the top or bottom of the web page.
- Pre-set the start time and the end time that the notification bar displays. This is great for flash sales, Christmas announcements, holiday breaks etc and simply getting ahead with your website management.
- Link to another web page if required e.g. Christmas opening times or gift voucher information pages.
- When you enable the cookie bar your privacy page will automatically update with all the information required ensuring that you are always showing up to date information.
- Visitors can close your notification bar if they wish.
Below are a few examples of how you can customise the notification bar to suit you.