We have some very exciting news to share with you all!
Theimagefile has just released a brand new responsive website layout which is not only more beautiful than any other layout that has come before it but has also been specifically designed to help your business grow. Below we have covered just a little bit about the responsive layout to tempt you to give it a go.
WHAT IS A RESPONSIVE LAYOUT?
A responsive website layout means that your website will instinctively adapt to whichever device is being used by a visitor, so your site stays looking beautiful whether viewed on desktop, mobile or tablet. No more pinching or horizontal scrolling to see the rest of a page.
WHY DO YOU NEED A RESPONSIVE WEBSITE?
All layouts on theimagefile are mobile-friendly. Previously, we used an adaptive mobile layout which would show the same content but with a different layout depending on the device being viewed. Now we use the same content reformated in a responsive website plan. It has become increasingly important for your website to look beautiful and be easy to use regardless of what device is being used. Why?
- There are 38 million smartphone users in the UK alone and it is becoming increasingly common to view the internet via a mobile device.
- 67% of people are more likely to buy a product or use a service from a mobile that is mobile friendly.
- 60% of people won’t stick around on your site if it is not mobile-friendly.
- Google ranks mobile-friendly websites above their non-mobile friendly counterparts.
WHAT MAKES A RESPONSIVE WEBSITE SPECIAL?
There are a number of reasons to choose a responsive website. Below we have covered just a few:
- Responsive layouts work effectively whatever device a visitor is using, meaning that your website is always available, beautiful and usable to your clients.
- As we mentioned above Google (and other search engines) value mobile-friendly websites more than non-mobile friendly websites and sites that adapt to a user’s device receive higher rankings which makes it great for search engine optimisation.
- Responsive layouts load faster than non-responsive sites. Google research says that 40% of people will abandon a website that loads slowly.
- A single responsive website is more effective and less time-consuming for YOU! Rather than having a desktop website and mobile website to manage, update and keep running you have one site to update, one site to search engine optimise, one site to keep beautiful.
- From theimagefile member’s point of view, by switching to the responsive layout you will be benefitting from the newest system and exclusive features that are being developed specifically for responsive layouts.
HOW DO YOU SWITCH TO THE RESPONSIVE LAYOUT?
You can easily switch your website to the responsive layout yourself by going to:
My Websites > Customise Design > Site Layout > Select Site Layout > Responsive Layout.
This will automatically switch your website to the new responsive layout.
We automatically take a snapshot of your current website when you change your layout. By taking a snapshot of your website you can always switch back to the current design within 90 days if, for example, you don’t have time to complete the setup. Or alternatively, you can always set up the responsive layout in draft and therefore not affect your current website design until you are ready to make things live.
NOTE: Depending on the website layout you are currently using, certain things may alter slightly when you switch to the new responsive layout. You might want to check your colours (Customise Design > Colours and Backgrounds) and site details (Customise Design > Site Layout > Site Layout Details) to make things work exactly in the way you want.