Print versus digital is a common dilemma faced by the most people marketing their business. Everyone seems to be chasing their tails trying to evaluate how it all fits together when technology moves so fast. Faster broadband speeds means we’re often looking at a tablet whilst the TV is on, screens competing for our attention. All the while, we pine for simpler, longer periods of time with the paper or a magazine, or even a book.
The question we must ask of our potential customer is,
‘Where do you look when you are considering buying a photographer’s services, personally or on behalf of your company?’
With our photographers on-line orders consistently growing month on month we are always listening to feedback and looking at ways to simplify the order management required, whilst making sure orders don’t get forgotten or delayed. With this in mind we have updated the order management area within the control panel and are sure you will see the benefits from the new layout which we have outlined below.
Remember – the order management area is only displayed if you are required to do something. All paid, lab fulfilled orders are completely managed through the system, so will go directly through to your sales history and not display in the order management area. If you need to take some sort of action to complete the order; for example collect customer payment, pay cost-of-goods to the lab or print the order, then the order will be displayed in the order management area. If left unattended, we will send you email reminders.
So what has changed?
Previously, all orders were sorted newest-first. All were grouped together in chronological order of the date the order was placed, regardless of the order status. We have now grouped orders together to make it faster to find and manage. The different sections are:
- Has the customer paid yet? – If you’ve enabled offline payment you should verify the customer has paid to advance the order.
- Do you need to pay costs for the lab? Normally everything just happens, but If your payment card isn’t working you will need to settle up the lab costs to advance the order.
- Have you shipped the order? If you are self fulfilling orders, “mark as shipped” when you despatch the order.
All you need to do is update the order state as needed.
Further to this, a regular customer request was that if you are offering alternate delivery to group orders by collection, so all the sales from that club, school, association or event requiring work/delivery are grouped together. The benefits are that you can now clear all orders from one event, with one delivery, in one click. Additionally when marking an order as complete there is a new “print packlist” option that lists the bare details and oversized thumbnail within each order, so you can now print the complete collection packlist one order per page all in one go. We still support the “customer email notification” and the “daily order reminder” of print orders requiring attention.
As most of us know, organic search engine optimisation (or SEO) is one of the most popular and important ways of boosting your business visibility. SEO by definition is;
“a set of rules that should be followed by website or blog owners in order to optimise their websites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings”.
Why is SEO so important?
Due to today’s competitive market SEO has never been more vital in expanding your business and increasing your sales. Great SEO is essential as:
- The majority of people using a search engine are more likely to choose from the top ten suggestions on the first results page. So in order to gain visitors to your website and customers to your business you need to rank as high as possible.
- Good SEO practices also improve the experience and usability of your website.
- People trust search engines so having a presence on the first page raises the opinion of your business.
- Generally, people who find a website by searching in a search engine are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media channels. So, SEO is also good for socially promoting your business.
- SEO can put you ahead of your competition! Businesses ranked higher by the search engines are visited by more potential customers and potentially making more sales.
Summer is on its way which means one of two things; you’re either about to be inundated with work or you’re going away for a well deserved break. We thought that before the holidays really got going we would remind you to check that your payment card details are still valid and will see you through the holiday period. This is really important as card failure can cause a number of issues…
Over the past week, Spring seems to have made a grand entrance and with it the need to blow away the cobwebs and dust off our businesses. So what simple things can you do to spring clean your company?